THEME: ENHANCING AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION CAPABALITIES FOR IMPROVED AGRICULTURAL VALUE CHAIN IN NIGERIA
1. Capabilities for policy formulation and implementation (Extension Quality development, Monitoring and Evaluation).
2. Capabilities for Information and Communication Technologies applications (Cyber-extension) in Agriculture
3. Capabilities for Climate change adaptation, resilience, agro-meteorology
4. Capabilities for Crop, Livestock, Fisheries and Aquaculture
5. Capabilities for Soil Conservation and Water Resources Management
6. Capabilities for Forest Resources, Wildlife and Environmental Management
7. Capabilities for Biotechnology/Biosafety development
8. Capabilities for Postharvest and Value Chain Addition in Crop, Livestock Aquaculture and Fisheries (Agribusiness, marketing and agri-preneurship)
9. Capabilities for Data management (Collection, Processing and Dissemination)
10. Capabilities for Special Stakeholders (Women, Youth and the Challenged)
11. Agro-Raw Materials Value Addition
1. Authors must include their phone numbers and functional corresponding e-mail addresses below their names in the abstract and full paper.
2. Abstracts should not be more than 300 words on font size12 point, Times New Roman.
3. Full papers should not be more than 12 pages on A4 sized paper with normal margins (tables and references inclusive).
4. The text should be organized into the following subsections in bold lowercase letters: Introduction, Purpose of the Study, Methodology, Results and Discussions and References.
5. Authors shall register three hard copies of their full paper with Editor-in-Chief for peer review on the conference day.
6. Papers for the conference should have depth and geographical spread for policy relevance.
7. Submit electronic copies of abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com
CONFERENCE TIME TABLE:
Sunday 7th April, 2019 – Arrival
Monday 8th April, 2019 – Registration, Opening Ceremony, & Technical Session
Tuesday 9th April, 2019 – Technical Session and AGM
Wednesday 10th April, 2019 – Departure
(i) Conference Registration: N15,000.00
(ii) Membership Dues: N5,000.00
(iii) Paper Registration N6,000.00
(iv) Student’s Conference Registration (Undergraduate): N2,000.00
(v) Student’s Membership Registration (Undergraduate): N2,000.00
(vi) Non-member Conference Registration: N20,000.00
(vii) Corporate Conference Registration: N30,000.00
Participants are to take care of their accommodation during the conference. A list of hotels in Abuja will be provided subsequently.
For further enquiry, contact any of the following LOC members:
Assoc. Prof Edwin E. Idu
Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology
Faculty of Agriculture
University of Abuja
Dr. Onjewu S.Suleman
Raw Materials Research and Development Council
Dr. Ngozi Odunze
Federal Department of Agricultural Extension Services
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
LOC Publicity Secretary
Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria (ARCN)